Tuesday, February 13, 2018

BURLAP FLOWER TUTORIAL


Is this month flying by or is it me?
Hello, everyone! 

I has been a very cold month of February in Texas.
I know most of you up North are really feeling it.
Well, for us down here in the southern states, being in the 30's is very, very cold. :)

I hope you all have plenty of craft supplies to keep you busy! :)
And that is exactly what I have been doing, ignoring the cold and spending time in my craft room.
Today I am sharing with you a tutorial on how I make  burlap flowers.




 Let's get started.
First thing you need to do is choose your fabric.
 I chose red and pink burlap. 
Next, you need to cut 10 square pieces, 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches each.


Next cut a 2 inch circle out of card paper.
As you can see, it doesn't have to be perfect.
And also cut two circles the same size out of the fabric you will be using to make your flower.
Using your glue gun, cover the front and back of your card paper circle. 
When you are done, trim any excess fabric.



Now you are ready to start making your petals.
Take one of the 3 1/2 inch squares, fold once and then fold again a second time.


Add a little drop of glue on the left hand corner to keep it together.


And here is your first petal.



 When you are finish making all ten petals, it is time to start putting the flower together.

Get you burlap covered circle and adding a drop of glue to the bottom corner of each petal, start gluing them like this.
First, glue four of them.



And when those are done, glue the other four.



And finally, add the last two petals to the center of your flower.


And you are done!
Sometimes, I like to decorate the flower with a pearl or little embellishment.



These flowers will be around 6 inches wide when finished.
If you want to make smaller flowers, just cut your squares smaller, three or two inches wide, depends on the size you want.


As you can see, they are very easy to make.
It takes me about ten minutes to get one flower done.
This is how I used these specific flowers.




Of course, this method can be used on all kinds of fabrics and I have been making them for wreaths that I have used in my home year round.






I have even used them as embellishments.



I hope you liked this tutorial and decide to make your own fabric flowers.
Of course, this method can be used on all kinds of fabrics.

Stay warm and see you all soon!



2 comments:

  1. You have the best wreaths! I love to incorporate burlap into my decor too. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Maria! I have never made flowers this way, but they look great. I need to pin this and get working on a garden of my own!! Thanks for the tip and the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...