Tuesday, September 20, 2016

MY FIRST FALL CRAFT THIS YEAR


Hello everyone.
I hope your week is going well.

After so many months of being so busy with our home repairs, I finally have time again to spend time in my craft room. I have been enjoying sewing for my Etsy shop and also working on a couple of crafts that I am using as part of my Fall decor this year.
  One of those crafts is a pretty Fall frame.





 Weeks ago I came across this beautiful idea while browsing one of my favorite blogs. 
Michelle at The Painted Hinge had put together a beautiful frame and used it as a wreath. Gorgeous!


I knew I wanted to make one of my own and after looking in my stash for the needed supplies, this is my version.
I had everything I needed, the only thing I bought was the chicken wire.


 I had an old frame that I painted first dark brown and then gave it two coats of Americana Decor chalk finish paint.
The color is Linen and I distressed it a little when it was all dry.


This is the chicken wire I used from Hobby Lobby.
I used the 40% coupon so it only cost a little bit over $5.00 and I have enough chicken wire for at least 
another three projects.


I had several of these square unfinished wood plaques and I painted four of them with chalkboard paint.
At the end, I decided to make the letters on the silhouette using white vinyl.


And to finish it off, I added to it a burlap bow and a few faux flowers I already had.


 I knew I wanted to display it on our small hall table by the entrance to our kitchen and for that I used 
a simple metal stand.



A couple of candles, a metal leaf tray with some orbs and a picture of our "pumpkin" :) that I keep there all the time, finished the table top.





On the mirror I added my old metal wreath from Kirklands.


And underneath I used the "home" pillow I bought months ago and an old basket.






What do you think? Is it a keeper?
Thank you again to Michelle for the inspiration to make this frame and for being so kind allowing me to use one of your pictures. You are so talented!
I have the kitchen almost decorated for Fall, I think, :), so I will share it with you all soon.
Meanwhile, have a wonderful week and thank you so much for your visit.

See you soon!



9 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Maria, looks like you are ready for the new season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vignette on the table is so cute! I love all of your festive touches, talented lady! :)

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria Elena,
    Your first fall craft is definitely a keeper, dear friend!
    Gorgeous Autumnal decor vignette within your Entry!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out really cute, Maria Elena! Don't you love it when you can use things you already have? I love anything with chicken wire too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in California and I love your blog..Hope to see more like these..your house is so pretty! Thank you for sharing!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria Elena, your crafts is so pretty. You are being so creative. Loving your pretty fall decor. I remember your fireplace all decked out for fall before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad for you that you now have time to do some crafting. Your frame turned out wonderfully and I love how you've used it on your entry table and all the surrounding decor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a "keeper!" Oh, you were talking about that adorable little "pumpkin" of yours, right? Ha! The wreath-frame is lovely....great idea, and I really like that metal leaf wreath, too.

    Happy Weekend!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...