Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A POWDER ROOM SIGN


Hello, everyone!
For the last couple of weeks I have been knee deep in home projects trying to get our home refreshed 
and ready for the upcoming holiday season.
New drapes have been made, Christmas decor is being planned and I am now in the process of painting some walls.
Yes, I am a little tired, but happy things are finally getting done.

Today I am sharing a small project I did a last week, a new sign for the powder room.


 We have a bunch of leftover wood from building the deck and my husband was going to throw it away.
Oh, no! When he sees just a bunch of leftover wood, I see many good little projects for our home. LOL
And that is how this project happened.
We started with a small piece of very ugly wood.



He did sanded it for me and put it through the router to make the shape.
After that, I did paint it first with metallic bronze spray paint and then, using a brush, I gave it a second coat of "Delicate White" making sure some of the bronze showed
When it was dry, I applied to it the vinyl letters I made with the Silhouette Cameo and finished it off 
with a tiny burlap bow.
I used a pretty wrought iron plant hanger from Hobby Lobby to display it over the bathroom door.


Our guest bathroom/powder room is at the far end of our downstairs hallway, right on front of the laundry room.




I don't have much decor on the walls in that little space, so I think the sign just gave the area 
something pretty to look at. What do you think?






Total cost of this project was $4.00 for the wrought iron piece.


Thank you all so much for taking the time to stop by and for linking to Tuesdays at Our Home.
Great party this week! :) 

See you soon


Sharing at:


12 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea, I love it! It turned out great and makes your bathroom look so fancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the ultimate DIYer, and savviest of savers, using that scrap piece of leftover wood to dream up this delightful sign! So charming!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sign is so cute, Maria Elena! I've thought about doing something similar in our home but without the bow -- probably a bit too cutsie for our home. Something like that is so perfect when you have high ceilings. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! It gives an expensive look to your bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your powder room sign, how fabulous is that. It is perfect for your space. Also, you asked about 2 of the rugs that I showed. They were both on Overstock. There are also some similar ones on Amazon. Great choices and good prices too. I love the designs in both. Rugs USA also has some that are quite similar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, I just double checked and those two rugs are from Rugs USA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! It's so charming. You are super lucky to your handy hubby and his tools at the ready! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea - no more "first door on your left". Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute. i love this little project

    Sarah @ EDEA Smith
    www.edea-smith.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great! I never would have thought to use a plant hanger for this project. What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cute & such a great jdea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello gorgeous! Cute idea! Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see on Monday at 7 pm. We love to party with you! Happy Monday~Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...