Wednesday, May 15, 2013

ALMOST THERE!


I am starting to wonder if I will ever finish this room.
You are all probably tired of hearing about it! LOL

Over this past weekend, I had sometime to play with that very empty wall on the left side of my new craft room.  
If you remember, I mentioned it on this post.

That wall is bigger than it appears to be so it has taking me a while to figure out what to do with it.

I did start with an old small shelf I had forever.
It used to be red and it has served many purposes during the years. 
It was scratched and in bad shape and even missing the pegs.

I gave it a good cleaning and painted it, bought new pegs at Hobby Lobby and at the end, I traded one of the pegs for a small bird knob, also from Hobby Lobby. It was so cute I couldn't resist.
 After it was finished, I went shopping in my storage closet for items to decorate the shelf.










My husband built for me the small window to put over the shelf and added to it the wreath I made a few weeks ago and a metal bow painted teal that I bought a hundred years ago from Home Interiors.


The wall is so big, it still looked empty, so I decided to add some shutters which I decorated with a small red star. 
Well, we live in Texas! :)






I am still working on creating a small sitting area right under it and one of the items I will be using is this beauty that my husband got me for Mother's Day. I am also in the process of making a table skirt for a round table I have.









What do you all think? It is coming together, slowly but surely.

Tuesdays at Our Home #10 is still live.You can find it here.
Stop by for a visit if you have time and enjoy all the wonderful links.

I will be back with the features of the most viewed posts of this week. 
Until then, enjoy your week!



Sharing with:
 


10 comments:

  1. Hi Maria Elena

    I've just seen some rather horrendous images on the TVE news of Tornados and storms over there in Texas. I do hope it has not reached you and you and your family are all well!!!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. María Elena adore ese rincón nuevo que creaste en tu zona de trabajo ,,, me tiene enamorada como has usado perfectamente los colores combinados con el rojo
    Cariños

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfect!!! The room is so happy and cheerful and just bounces with energy! Great for a craftroom!! Excellent job!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your craft room is so fun and so pretty. I love the new wall collage, gorgeous. This is such a fabulous room. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can't get enough of your beautiful craft room! I love, love, love your window/shutter/shelf, especially the little red stars and the wreath. Gorgeous, Maria Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful space to craft in!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am officially in love with our craft room! Love the red, white and blue and yes a Texas star always!! The shelf is so cute and that little bird is perfect! Thanks for joining Diann and I at TTF this week!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks adorable, Maria Elena, and no way are we getting tired of hearing about it or seeing it! It's just such a fun & cheerful space. The chair is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet room! I love your color scheme. I wish my office space looked half this nice! Now following you :D

    Linsey at The Farmhouse Porch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria Elena, it is coming together gorgeously! Love the window and shutters. The chevron paper on the jar is so cute. I have been tinkering in my craft room for the past two days. They haven't hung the barn doors yet so I can't do a lot. But I am chomping at the bits. lol! Filling the closet with some of my supplies. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...