Monday, February 25, 2013

OLD APPLE CRATES


Happy Monday!
I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Just last week I was surprised by a wonderful gift.
My daughter, Diana, came home after work with these wonderful old crates.

Her friend and co-worker, Carol, found out how much I like crafts and DIY projects and gave my daughter these old wood apple crates she has owned for over 15 years for me to use in our home. 

Carol told me these apple crates traveled from Wesler's Apple Orchard in New Paris, OH, they were used by her cousin in her Art store and, Carol herself, used them in her own shop and later in her craft room.






 Wasn't it sweet of her to think of me?
The best part is Carol and I have never met in person but I plan to fix that soon. :)

You want to talk about excitement!
I wouldn't have been this happy if she would of brought home a diamond necklace! LOL 

You know my mind was racing thinking of all the ways I could use these fabulous crates and although I had many ideas in mind, I also turned to Pinterest for some inspiration. 
I was amazed at how many boards there were with ideas on how people used old crates as part of their home decor.


 



What do you guys think?
It is going to take me a few days to decide how I am going to use them. :)
And I am opened to all kinds of suggestions!

Carol, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this gift.
I will cherish them and put them to good use for many years to come! 

Thank you all for stopping by!
See you soon!





10 comments:

  1. I sense something fun about to take place with those apple crates!! I bought two a couple of years ago when apple picking at our favorite spot. I love them, and have used them in table scapes, and as props and also, actively used them in our grove to hold fruit!!! Have fun!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crate in front of the faux fireplace! I have seen that before...so nice!!

    Happy Monday to you!!

    Frances @ Notions from Nonny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been happy too! there are so many things you can use them for! I like the ottoman idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How kind of Carol to have given you these awesome apple crates! I know you'll do something fabulous with them! I look forward to seeing what you do with them (as, I'm sure Carol is, too)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful gift! I would be as happy as you are receiving those beauties. I'm sure whatever you do with them they will look fabulous. Enjoy your day my friend, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure you will come up with something spectacular. I cannot wait to see it as I need some inspiration for one that I just found in the trash (believe it or not). It's just been sitting there waiting for a makeover. Sure wish I had two or three of them!
    Tami @ Curb Alert!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great gift (and I see it as a gift!). I know you will come up with something wonderful. I really like the crates holding the plants and flowers. That would look great on your ever changing porch!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I see Tami has entered the scene! Y'all will figure something out before daylight for sure. Those crates look like fun for sure. How sweet of Carol to send them your way, Maria. I can hardly wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool is that! Can't wait to see what you do with those crates! My mind is racing, too.....lol!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, they are great! Can't wait to see what you do...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...