Friday, August 3, 2012

AN UNUSUAL VISITOR



Have you ever had that feeling that somebody is watching you?
Well, here I was this morning, cleaning my back porch before
the thermometer hit 100 degrees and I just couldn't shake that feeling.

It was very early in the morning and everything was so quiet.
When I turned around, I had this guy sitting on my fence just 
watching everything I was doing. LOL

What kind of bird is this?
I have never seen anything quite like him!
He stayed and visited for the longest time, so I just
had to take his picture.



Cute, hah?
Now I am curious where he came from.
You sure never know what you are going to run into in Texas!
I hope you guys have a fabulous weekend!

 

 





10 comments:

  1. OHMYGOODNESS! THAT is QUITE a bird! You don't have any others like that around there then? Amazing~ xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a crazy looking thing, whatever he is! Mind you, he was probably wondering what you were doing up so early, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an 'interesting' bird! I haven't seen one like that before, here in Texas! You've got me curious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so true you never know here in the big T. I want to say an ibis ( hope I spelled that right)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute for sure! Sure doen't look at home in Texas. Looks more tropical. Maybe a Heron or an Egret. Looks like he was enjoying watching you as much as you enjoyed watching him. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Maria Elena
    I think its a Heron crane .... but not sure as I don't know much about birds. Perhaps he got lost from the migrating crowd.
    I've been viewing the first tour of your house which has left me very impressed. You have a wonderful home I can see a lot of love as gone into it. I'm looking forward now to finding a moment to sit down with a good cup of tea (I'm a tea addict)to enjoy the second part of your video.

    Keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sure is something. It would not be unusual to see a crane here as we live in a Lake community and I have seen them. One time in Florida there was a Flamingo on our front lawn...now that was a site to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We live close to Georgetown..they are nicknamed cow birds...some type of egret

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...