Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A couple of spray paint projects


I hope everyone is having a good week.
For me, the last two weeks have been extremely busy and with no sign of 
things slowing down any time soon.

Not only we have been preparing for our oldest son's arrival, but, at the same time, helping our youngest son get ready to finish his college finals and keeping up with the house and the numerous projects going on around here and at the same time, I have been getting ready for a trip overseas that I am getting ready to take here very soon.
WOW! I am exhausted! :)

Haven't had much time to keep up with my blog or visit all my favorite blogs, so, 
today, I am taking a little time to do so.

Some time, in the middle of the madness going on around here, 
my husband and I did a little spray paint project.
 
We have been wanting to give our son's room a new fresh look.
First, we went and bought him a new mattress set to replace his old one 
and after that, we gave his headboard a new look.
 
This is a piece that my husband built many years ago and it is solid wood.
We just can't bring ourselves to throw it out.
 
 


 
 
We used our favorite paint.
 
 


This is what it looked like before


And here is the before and after


I also bought him some new bedding and  here is how
it all looks together.
I really liked the colors and texture of this bedding





 
A new lampshade for the lamp on his night table




We also had this old lamp.
We sprayed painted it also with the ORB, turned the arms up and bought
new shades to give it a more updated look.



 Before and after.


Still working on drapes, dresser area and desk.
I will show you an update when it is all finished.

And now I am off to see what you guys have been up to lately.
Thank you for stopping by!






11 comments:

  1. Wow, these all look amazing!! ORB makes such a difference on things! It's my spray paint of choice!! Very clever to turn the arms up on the chandelier! That was a great idea!! Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His room looks great, Maria!! You have been busy me too!! I am taking a break I hope to post this week sometime!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, such a neat headboard. So much more meaningful that your husband made it. WOW! And you know how much I love a spraypainting project - you have made those items look outstanding. Enjoy your time with your sons and have a great few weeks of your travels.
    Tami @ Curb Alert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that headboard is gorgeous, and everything you have shown looks great. I like the bedding very much, and I can't believe the transformation with the chandelier. Your son is very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness Maria Elena, you have been busy! Your son's bedroom looks great. Gotta love the ORB!! It's hard to believe that is the same chandelier. It looks amazing. Enjoy your time with your sons and your trip overseas. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria, in a word FANTASTIC!!!! It is wonderful and I know he will be thrilled to arrive to such a wonderful home and family. Hope y'all have a fabulous time together. Helen@ Helen's Decor
    www.helensdecor.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son's room looks great! I bet he will love it. I have to say, I am absolutely amazed by the bed your husband made. Wow, that's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love everything but holy heck the chandelier!!!! You have put too many ideas into my head now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! That is coming together beautifully. That bed is GORGEOUS! Your hubby did a wonderful job on it. If he isn't a carpenter he has missed his calling! Love the bedding. It is grown up but still has a youthful freshness to it. Hope you can get some rest! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your son's room is looking fantastic! I love all the wonderful changes you made.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...